Waste Management Control Room Operator in EMELLE, Alabama
Title: Control Room Operator
Location: United States-Alabama-Emelle
Job Number: 18003715
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
I. Job Summary
To operate and monitor control room instrumentation and advise Shift Supervisor of any abnormal situations associated with plant and deepwell operations.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
Monitor control room functions:
- Check operation and status of facility operations being controlled by control panel.
- Control operations of wells to maximize injection volume with specific instructions and regulations. Continuously check operation on IAWTS computer.
- Generate reports on the computer as necessary.
- Report all abnormal situations to Shift Supervisor.
- Record all pertinent information in the control room log.
- Pass all pertinent information along to field crews.
- Operate, record, and monitor computer functions.
- Maintain hourly logs and operations data.
- Initiate corrective actions in critical situations:
- Perform shut-down operations.
- Perform start-up operations.
- Maintain control room housekeeping and maintenance:
- Check graphic display panel for integrity.
- Insure cleanliness of control panel, control room and computer.
- Assist in maintenance of records and files.
- CPR, first aid site provider.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
This job has no supervisory duties.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: High school diploma or G.E.D (accredited).
- Experience: Past computer experience or facility computer training (seminar or on-the-job training). Trained in the aspects of RCRA requirements.
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- Maintain a safe work environment. This includes responsibility for cleaning the work station, reporting defective equipment, storing and handling equipment or materials properly, and participating in company training.
- Follow site safety and environmental policies and practices.
- Participate in safety meetings, problem solving meetings, incident and near-miss investigations.
RCRA REQUIRED TRAINING:
- A1. New Employee Orientation (1 time)
- A2.1 Basic Fire Fighting
- A2.2 Emergency SIMLT/EVAC Drills
- A3 Contingency Plan
- B3 Personal Protective Equipment
- B4.41 Waste Analysis Plan
- C1. First Aid *
- C2. CPR
- C4. Casualty Control
- C6. Spill Response
- 0C1.02 Safety Shoes
- 0C1.03 Safety Glasses
- 0C1.08 Fire Protection Plan
- 0C2.04 Environmental Compliance
- 0C2.06 RCRA Inspections
- OC2.11 Incident Reporting
- OC5.05 Trans of DOT Haz Material *
- OC5.06 DOT Classification/Haz Mat Table *
- OC5.09 DOT Hazardous Material Security Training*
- B2 Hazard Communication
- B3.2 Hearing Conservation
- B3.3 Heat & Cold Stress Training
- B9.6 Lockout/Tagout
- B9.11 Linebreaking
- B9.12 Confined Space Entry
- C3. Blood Born Pathogens
- 0C1.01 Vickery Safety Policies
- 0C1.32 OSHA 24 Hour (1 time)
- 0C1.33 OSHA 8 Hour Refresher
- OC9.02 Stormwater Pollution Prevention
- B9.14 Confined Space/Emergency Response Drill
* Required every 3 years.
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
- Responsible person.
- Good work attendance record.
- Understanding of facility functions.
- Basic mechanical knowledge.
- Basic reading and writing.
- Good communications with other personnel.
- Knowledge of computers.
V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, etc.) most of the work day;
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects less than 30 pounds occasionally;
- Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks (such as cuts, burns, exposure to toxic or caustic chemicals, etc.) part of the work day;
- Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements rarely;
- Normal setting for this job is: Hazardous waste landfill, material handling equipment.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply.”
Overtime Status: Non-exempt
Job Field: Operations